
Last weekend we did more than KISS under the mistletoe...RUN! Despite having the flu and 40-degree temperatures Mommy AND GeeGee ran in the 1st Annual Running Under the Mistletoe 5K benefiting the programs of the Texarkana Junior League. As always, my precious cheering section came out to show support and bring flowers to both of us. Who cares about trophies and medals when you have the sweetest most loving husband and daughter to bundle up and cheer you on? Here are some fun pictures from our cold morning. Way to go GeeGee---you weren't last, were you?!! It won't be long until Elle will be running with us.
My picture made it in the Texarkana Gazette on Monday! Here is a picture of it on the computer. The link is here
Dearest Elle,
You are my inspiration to do GREAT things! I hope I can be a positive example to you in all the ways a mother should. I want to live a life that makes you proud and inspires you to reach for goals and high achievements. Mostly I want to help you feel good about yourself, to love others and God, and to be confident that who you are really matters. You are a sweet little soul. If you ever want to do anything, ANYthing, you can! Your mother and GeeGee ran 3 little miles on Saturday. That was nothing...go on, you can take on the WORLD!
I am smiling at my sweet Elle and Cory. They make me feel like I can do anything! I love you both. When you become a mother you gladly stand on the sidelines and cheer for your child and support them in everything they do. How great that I can still do some things and have my family cheer me on too?





No comments:
Post a Comment