Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rookie Parents Ride Again!

Poor Precious Elle...Why she puts up with us, I do not know! Recently, she endured her first cold and cut her top two teeth simultaneously. In the week since recovering, she has become a very unhappy sleeper...screaming when placed in her crib, waking throughout the night in tears and difficult to console...VERY unlike our baby. In our quest to assign blame we looked to everything: bad habits established while sick, sore gums, object permanence making her extra mommy-clingy, possible ear infection, etc. I have just caught up on laundry this week now that she's no longer ill and have returned to Elle one of her 3 woobies (3 afghan blankies she rotates sleeping with)....hmmm...peace has been restored to the land and Elle is once again a very peaceful sleeper! Bad Mommy! (just to note, I did give her a "replacement" blankie, but it does not have knots and holes for her fingers like the afghans have and this little 10 month old knew the difference!)

3 comments:

Pops said...

Do I See Teeth?

Pops

Pops said...

Just call Pops whenever you feel bad. I'll be right here.

Summer said...

Yes! Aren't her "pearlies" pretty? We've been practicing with that Dr. Seuss toothpaste!