Little Miss Sunshine
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Elle's Special Recipe
While cooking dinner the other night, Elle starting pulling ALL of the spices out of our spice cabinet. She said she wanted to make a special dinner too. I decided it would keep her busy while I worked and I was curious to see how her dish turned out...

She worked hard mixing and stirring. A dash of this and a dash of that...I firmly told her she could add "a FEW sprinkles" of each item.
She crushed bay leaves...
Anytime she let more than a sprinkle fall into her bowl she apologized...I told her I could tell she was trying not to be wasteful and that it was okay. What was the worst that could happen?? I would have to replace a $3 shaker of garlic powder?
After mixing it all together, she needed to cook it in the microwave..."step back from the radiation", I warned!!



Our resident taste-tester, Daddy indulged us with a real sampling. "Mmmmmm...SO good Elle!" Such a good sport!

This turned out to be an activity that I did not regret. Elle was so sweet and conscientious with all of our items. And she had such a good time having autonomy in the kitchen. One day I look forward to eating her food...not now...but ONE day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment