We are spending my birthday today by the pool on our third annual Walt Disney World vacation. Cory and Elle love the water slide and at Elle's request to go down it "more 'hundred times" they tried their best to go down as many times as they could. Daddy goes down first and waits to catch her at the bottom. I can see her chatting with the lifeguards waiting her turn patiently at the top. I'd love to know what they are talking about because I see the lifeguards laughing with her. Elle and Daddy slid down 25 times.
The lifeguard Lindsay who Elle talked to the most just came over and told her that she is "the princess of the day"! They brought a gift bag and balloons over to our Elle just for minding her manners, being patient and waiting her turn. For being so sweet and well behaved for 25 turns on the water slide the lifeguards singled her out and awarded her! I'm guessing they've seen all kinds of kids on the slide. And Lindsay said to share her gift with Daddy because he, of course, helped Elle slide down all of those times.
What better gift for me on this 32nd birthday than for my angel to be recognized by others as something so special!
Happy Birthday to Me! Thank you Elle and Daddy for this sweet joy! I love you both more than all the stars in the sky.




Cory and Elle had a second wind and wound up going down the slide a total of 38 times! On the way up for one more, Elle slipped on the steps and busted her lip--while holding onto Daddy's hand. Our fun at the pool ended in blood and tears. But her mouth looks like it will make a full recovery and Elle will always be our very own Princess of the Day!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment