Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Elle's First Hair Show October 24th-26th

Over the years, I have attended many Hair Shows with GeeGee including the times we went to the Poynter Sister Concert and the Fort Worth Zoo. She used the trips as opportunities for us girls to get out of town and have some fun. So, we took Elle to Dallas in October for a girls' weekend / hair show and GeeGee checked out the latest styles and trends. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reunion Plaza downtown. We had a really special weekend meeting nice people, getting some new sparkly headbands and making more memories!

Here is the view from our room and this view of Reunion Tower (the "Big Ball that lights up" as Elle says) was right outside from our "Charlie and The Great Glass Elevator" elevator (it literally feels like we are shooting up out of the roof!)
We went to dinner at a great restaurant in Inwood Village called Rise #1 that specializes in all things Souffle. We had such a great time and I almost thought I was back in Disney World because the service was top notch and they even brought out a pumpkin so Elle could carve her own. GeeGee's artistic talents were put to the test and she created a Princess Pumpkin for Elle! We dined on Mushroom Truffle Souffle, Crab Souffle and for dessert, what else? Chocolate Souffle! It was Elle's first and by the looks of that "chock-it mus-mush" (chocolate mustache) I believe she loved it.


While GeeGee attended class, Elle and I ventured out into the city. We rode the train to West End because I needed reassurance that I'm still a "big city girl". If you find yourself in a setting where you just don't feel safe though, proving to oneself that you haven't lost your edge is overrated! On Monday we went to the American Girl store so we could pick out Santa Requests. Elle got some new slippers to match her Bitty Baby's and we also picked out some new dress shoes for Bitty Baby to wear to church, etc. ; )
The day before we left for Dallas, my grandmother, Mam ma Chappel, came to Texarkana for a visit. We loved seeing her for the day and getting great hugs.

No comments: