Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yacketty-Yak!

Elle's language development has been a work in progress for months but she is rapidly entering the world of communication. Just to note some of her recent vocabulary advancements:


New Words:
  • "Puh!" (up)
  • "woobah" (woobie)
  • "btbbbbbtee bbtteee" (bibbity bobbity boo)
  • "Kakkkah" (cracker)
  • "Bye Bye"
  • "Oh Duh!" (Uncle Cody)
  • "Poppa" (Pops)
  • "Nonnuh" (Nonni)
  • "GuhDadda" (Granddaddy)
  • "Uh Dee" (GLee)
  • "MaMa" (Mommy)*
  • "MaMa" (Daddy)*
  • "MaMa" (Elle)*
    *It used to be the other way around; she used to say "DaDa" as her word for everything. Now that she has "MaMa" down so well and I cheer and clap and cry each time she says it, she decided to rename all of us "MaMa" since the response is so good! I LOVE IT!
Signs:
  • eat
  • more
  • drink
  • yes
  • no
  • all done
  • Thank You
  • Blows Kiss (interchanges with "Thank You" since the sign is virtually the same)
  • Bye Bye
  • Hush (puts finger to her mouth and says, "SSSSSSS")

I was telling her "secrets" the other day wispering in her ear and she signed "more". I said, "you want me to tell you MORE secrets"? and she nodded yes and repeated the sign! She did the same thing at bedtime when she wanted me to read the same book to her a second time instead of reading a different one. She held up the book and did the sign for "MORE". What a wonderful window into her thoughts. I can't wait to hear what ELSE she has to say like, "Mommy, you have bad breath when you tell secrets!"

Animal Sounds:
  • Cow ("eeeeeeewwww")
  • Cat ("mih mih mih mih MaMa!")
  • Dog ("woooof wooof wooooof!" very high pitched)
  • Bear ("errrrrrrrg")
  • Duck ("KaK Kak KaK KaK!")

2 comments:

Maddie's Mommy said...

OMG! She is the most precious little thing! I can't wait until Maddie is able to say MaMa...

Heather Hill Thomson said...

Summer, your blog looks great!

Also...just wanted to witness the talking! My favorite is "Where's the Kitty cat?" Which actuallly comes out "wahasdakkttca?" absolutely adorable!