Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine

Saturday, May 12, 2007

First Mother's Day

To Elle I say, "Thank you for making me your mother". What a special weekend! I am amazed at how beautiful life truly is when seen through the eyes of your new precious child. We took Elle to the park on Friday for the first time. She dug her baby fingers into the grass and pulled it up. She loved it. There was dirt caked under all her nails to my horror...at first. But then I realized this was a new exciting experience for her. And what fun it was!

Elle and Daddy are taking me out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day tonight. I have to say, it feels as though we should celebrate Elle. If not for her I would still just be "Summer", but now I am "Elle's Mommy" : )

XOXO

Update: we had a fun dinner and Elle and Daddy gave me a beautiful yellow rose bush to plant in our yard as a reminder of this special first Mother's Day. On Sunday, we had a cookout with Granny Mu Mu and Granddaddy...they made homemade ice cream!

No comments: